Sr-Sci R&D Analytical Science – Separation Sciences at Kraft Heinz Glenview, IL
This position in our Glenview- IL Kraft Heinz Innovation Center involves applying foundational knowledge of chemistry- biochemistry- chromatography and mass spectrometry. The industrial challenges are to measure and characterize small molecules to biopolymers (below).
This is an ideal opportunity for a laboratory-focused scientist who enjoys integrating laboratory findings into cohesive explanations of what is happening at the molecular level in food ingredients and processing.
- Ingredient authenticity and provenance
- Off-flavors and taints
- Optimization of ingredients
- Food safety threats such as pathogens
- Novel ingredient characterization
- Composition and stability of natural ingredients
The successful candidate will develop project objectives and strategies in response to business initiatives- executing against same and recommending action plans to implement key findings. The candidate will have significantly impact on direction and quality of work done by other senior technical people. The candidate should have aptitudes for application and maintenance of complex analytical instrumentation. The candidate will be evaluated on communication skills and potential for demonstrating technical leadership within a scientifically and culturally diverse organization.
RELATIONSHIPS (EXTERNAL AND INTERNAL):
- Will collaborate with internal clients- including R&D and potentially plant personnel
- Will interact with equipment/instrument manufacturers- external lab partners- suppliers
- Current hands-on expertise solving complex problems by application of one or more analytical techniques- including but not limited to liquid chromatography-UV-FLD- gas chromatography-FID- ion chromatography-ECD- size exclusion chromatography- gas chromatography- and liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry
- Demonstrated in-depth experience of sample preparation and headspace introduction techniques (SPME/SBSE/Dynamic Headspace) including gas chromatography-olfactometry-mass spectrometry for a variety of food and beverage matrices is required
- Hands on experience with chromatography data systems such as Chromeleon- MassLynx & MassHunter with proven leadership abilities to be software administrator
- Proven ability to activate and inspire cross-disciplinary and external networks as well as administrator databases for release of ingredients
- Knowledge of establishing ISO 17025 accredited methods & creating standard operating procedures desired
- Explore and develop new technologies applicable to the field of measurement science
- B.S. degree in chemistry- biochemistry- or related field with 6 years lab experience or M.S degree in related field with 4 years lab experience or PhD degree in related field with 2 years lab experience
- Excellent laboratory experimentation and data analysis skills
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal & project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build strong customer/client relationships
- TRAVEL: 0-10%
The Kraft Heinz Company is one of the largest food and beverage companies in the world, with eight $1 billion+ brands and global sales of approximately $25 billion. We’re a globally trusted producer of high-quality, great-tasting, and nutritious foods for over 150 years. Our brands are truly global, with products produced and marketed in over 40 countries. These beloved products include condiments and sauces, cheese and dairy, meals, meats, refreshment beverages, coffee, infant and nutrition products, and numerous other grocery products in a portfolio of more than 200 legacy and emerging brands.
No matter the brand, we’re united under one vision: To sustainably grow by delighting more consumers globally. Bringing this vision to life is our team of 39,000+ food lovers, creative thinkers, and high performers worldwide. Together, we help provide meals to those in need through our global partnership with Rise Against Hunger. We also stand committed to responsible, sustainable practices that extend to every facet of our business, our consumers, and our communities. Every day, we’re transforming the food industry with bold thinking and unprecedented results. If you share our passion – and are ready to create the future, build a legacy, and lead as a global citizen – there’s only one thing to do: join our table and let’s make life delicious!
Our Culture of Ownership, Meritocracy and Collaboration
We’re not afraid to think differently. Embrace new ideas. Dream big. We empower our people at every level – from entry-level intern to senior leader – to own their work. We share a responsibility to think like Owners – to be mindful of the collective and sustained success of Kraft Heinz – which we apply to every situation, every day.
As part of Kraft Heinz, you’re supported to grow and achieve. You’re expected to bring your authentic self to work every day, to lead with humility, and drive outstanding performance at every level – and you’ll be rewarded. You’re given opportunities to leave a mark and build a legacy. But you won’t do it alone. You’re supported by passionate teammates along the way, and our collective, collaborative spirit fuels our incredible progress.
Vaccination & Office Collaboration Expectations
Our highest priority is always the health, wellbeing, and safety of our Kraft Heinz family. We require our office-based, home-based, R&D, and sales team members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless approved for a medical or religious accommodation.
We believe our office environment fuels our collaboration, connection & community as an organization and allows our employees to grow toward greatness. We also believe providing a more flexible and agile model is essential in today’s workplace. A majority of our office-based employees will be able to work remotely for up to two days each week. Additionally, employees who are subject to this hybrid model will be eligible to work from anywhere for up to six weeks in a rolling 12-month period (in maximum two-week increments and according to benefits and tax guidelines). Some jobs may be required to be performed fully in office depending on the role’s responsibilities and requirements.
Kraft Heinz is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Underrepresented Ethnic Minority Groups/Women/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity and other protected classes. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for protected individuals, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact HRCompliance@kraftheinz.com for assistance.
R&D Chemist Interns – Hiring 3 Interns at INX International Ink Company West Chicago, IL
INX International Ink Company has an open position for an intern over this summer. We are looking for a Chemistry student to work in our analytical lab this summer. The intern position is a 90-day full time paid position, $18.00/hour. INX International Ink Company is an ink and coatings company. Our inks and coatings can be found on a myriad of products: aluminum cans, food packaging, and cosmetics packaging to name a few.
These positions will be at INX R&D with rotations through the different labs—solvent and water-based inks, UV/energy curable ink, and metal decorating inks. Interns will have the opportunity to learn the different ink systems and begin to learn how to test physical properties—tack, viscosity, rheology, fade/weather testing, etc.
There will be opportunities for the intern(s) to conduct raw material analysis by GC/MS, DSC, FTIR, and particle size analysis. We also have an LC/QQQ , DART-Tof, SEM, UV-Vis, and iN10 IR microscope.
Ideally, we would like to have candidates for the position after their junior year with the possibility of transitioning to a full-time position at the end of their senior year. However, the positions are open to sophomores and seniors. We want the position to be mutually beneficial, such that the intern also expands on his/her areas of interest. Since we see internships as mutually beneficial, we see presentation of work integral to the internship by poster and/or oral presentation.
To apply, click here: https://smrtr.io/cGdvj